We make every effort to protect personal information by establishing a personal information protection system, and by thoroughly instilling recognition of and implementing initiatives for protection of personal information throughout our team.
Definition of Personal Information
"Historical information and attribute information" is information other than the "personal information" defined above and means information such as services used, products purchased, history of pages and ads viewed, search keywords, dates and times of use, methods of use, usage environment, zip code, gender, occupation, age, IP address, cookie information, location information, and individual terminal identification information.
Methods for Collecting Personal Information
In using the Service, at the time a user registers for use of the Service, the user may be asked to provide personal information such as his/her name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, bank account number, credit card number, and driver's license number. Also, we may collect, from our business partners (including information providers, advertisers, and ad distributors; hereinafter "business partners"), personal information contained in records of transactions between the user and the business partner or information regarding payment of accounts.
We may collect historical information and attribute information of the users of the Service, such as the services and software used, products purchased, pages viewed, ad history, search keywords used, dates and times of use, methods of use, usage environment (including the transmission status of the portable terminal when a portable terminal is used, and information on configurations of the terminal for use of the Service), IP address, cookie information, location information, individual terminal identification information, at the time the user uses our services or views our Web sites or when using or viewing those of our business partners.
Purposes of Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect and use personal information in connection with the Service for the following purposes:
- To indicate the user's name, address, contact information, payment method and other registration information, services used, products purchased, and information regarding payment for services and products so that the user can view and correct his/her registration information and view his/her own usage status.
- To use the user's name, address, e-mail address and other contact information for the purpose of distributing communications and sending products to the user, and contacting the user when necessary.
- To use the user's name, date of birth, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, driver's license number, information on the delivery result of certified mail and the like for the purpose of identification of an individual.
- To use the names and numbers of products purchased, types and periods of services used, number of times services are used, billed amounts, the user's name, address, bank account number, and credit card number and other information regarding payment for the purpose of billing for payment of products.
- To display the information registered with the Service by the user, on the input screen, or to comply with the user's instruction to transmit the user's information to other services (including services provided by our business partners), for the purpose of enabling convenient data entry by the user.
- To use the usage situation, name, address, and other information that can identify a specific individual for the purpose of refusing use of the Service by users who are overdue in payment, causing damage to third parties, or otherwise in breach of the Terms of Service, or by users who use the Service for illegal or improper purposes.
- To use the information necessary to provide services to users, including information regarding the content of inquiries from the user and the related billing, and the status of the user's use of services and contact information of the user, for the purpose of responding to inquiries from the user.
- Other purposes incidental to the purposes of use stated above.
Personal Information Management
We implement safety measures for strict management of personal information by maintaining a security system, developing a management system, conducting thorough education and training for employees, and taking any other necessary measures, in order to maintain the personal information of users in an accurate and updated condition and to prevent unauthorized access, loss, damage, falsification, and leakage or other similar incident of personal information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
When we receive a request from the user for disclosure of his/her personal information, we will disclose the personal information without delay. However, if disclosure corresponds to any of the following cases, all or part of the information cannot be disclosed and the user will be notified without delay of the decision not to disclose the information.
- When disclosure is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the user himself/herself or a third party
- When disclosure is likely to seriously impede our proper execution of business
- In other cases that violate laws and regulations
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
- We will appropriately manage the personal information of users we collect, and will not provide any third party with the user's personal information without the user's prior consent except in any of the following cases:
- In cases when disclosure is permitted by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other laws and regulations;
- In cases when disclosure is necessary to protect life, body, or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the data subject of personal information;
- In cases when disclosure is particularly necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the data subject of the personal information;
- In cases when disclosure is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or a person or business operator entrusted by the state organ or local government to execute affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the data subject is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned; or
- Notwithstanding the provision of the preceding paragraph, the following cases shall not be deemed to be a provision of personal information to a third party.
- In cases when we outsource the handling of all or part of the personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use by the Service;
- In cases when personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business by merger or otherwise; or
- In cases when we use personal information jointly with specific individuals or entities and such intent is notified to the user in advance or made readily accessible by the user along with information items to be jointly used, scope of joint users, purpose of use of such personal information, and name of the individual or business operator responsible for the management of such personal information.
Safety Measures for Personal Information
In operating the Service, we implement thorough security measures to ensure the accuracy and safety of personal information. We will continually gather information regarding protection of personal information and make every effort to implement the latest security measures.
Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
In cases when a user's personal information we retain in connection with the Service is in error, the user can request correction, addition or deletion of the personal information following the procedures we have established for that purpose in connection with the Service.
When we receive a request from the user as provided in the preceding paragraph and determine that it is necessary to respond to the request, we will correct, add or delete the personal information concerned without delay and notify the user of this action.
Discontinuance of Use, etc. of Personal Information
When the user requests that we discontinue use of or erase his/her personal information (hereinafter "discontinuance of use, etc.") for the reason that our handling of the personal information exceeds the scope of the purposes of use or that such information was wrongfully collected by us, we will conduct the necessary investigation without delay and carry out the discontinuance of use, etc. based on the result of the investigation and notify the user of this action. However, if the discontinuance of use, etc. of the personal information involves a large expense, or if the discontinuance of use, etc. is difficult, we will implement another measure instead.
We comply with the laws and regulations of Japan and other rules and norms applicable to the personal information retained in connection with the Service.
Person in Charge of Personal Information Management
Representative, Communication Design Laboratory
Article 12 Inquiries
designpiece (Communication Design Laboratory)
Address: K-Front Bldg. 5th Floor, 1-3-9 Motoakasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0051